Foodie Field Trips SIG Description
Many of us fondly remember “School Field Trips" as the most vivid part of our early education. Outings give us immediate access to new worlds.
On alternating Wednesday lunchtimes, OLLI members will visit diverse food and beverage sources, suppliers or producers. Some venues will reflect our region’s expanding cultural diversity while others are traditional venues, still strong and adapting to new circumstances. The six initial sites are in Durham, except for one in Raleigh. These are the initial venues. SIG members will suggest future destinations.
• Bullocks – Traditional Southern cooking.
• Li Ming's Global Mart – Asian produce, groceries, meats, fish.
• Marketplace/East Campus – Dorm food? Not any more.
• La Superior Foods – Hispanic supermarket.
• Fullsteam Brewery – Brewery and Restaurant [4 pm].
• NC Farmers Market – Piedmont spring agriculture.
This is a ‘virtual’ SIG, organized by email and through this website. SIG membership is not required. Registration is open to any OLLI member and will open two weeks before the event. Contact Alan Magid email@example.com with your questions and suggestions for new venues